I’m an encounterer of depression, a past self harmer, and recovering from an ED. I’m passionate about reducing stigma around mental illness, ED, and self-harm, creating safe spaces, and building skills for wellness. I think if I had limitless amounts of money, I’d probably go back to college and become a therapist.
I’m fat, unashamed of my body, and proud to espouse positive body image and size acceptance. All bodies are good and valid.
I’ve come to identify as a feminist in the few years. I find feminism to be an empowering, broad-ranging -ism.
Since these things also inevitably inform what I write, whether or not I write about them directly, it might be useful to know them from the get-go. I’m:
- sometimes liberal, never Liberal
- I’m White and part Korean mixed with a bunch of other stuff.
- I’m employed full-time as a voice writer and I work from home.
- Preferred pronouns are she/her.
- I have a degree in English and a minor in Religion, not that minors count.
- I acknowledge that I exist in a world of privilege, and I write from the privilege of being “white” and American, etc. I hope to continue to grow in my understanding of privilege and how to combat it.